- What motivated the person to work on behalf of the Jews in the former Soviet Union?
- What motivated you to protest against the Soviet Government?
- What did you do specifically for the movement? What was it like? How did you feel throughout your involvement?
- What were the long-term outcomes for others? For you?
Duration: 4-5 classes for research, rehearsal/recording and presentation
1. Choose a former refusenik or Soviet Jewry activist to research. Begin research and create an outline about what to cover
2. Create a rough draft of a poster, flyer, video, website, or other media resource to educate your classmates on this hero and how their actions are, or were, heroic Create
3. Turn in your final project and present your project to your class
*Alternatively, the teacher may want to create a “Human Library.”